Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thoughts from an E

My office door is rarely closed.  I like people and I generally don't mind being interrupted by someone who needs my help.  I think it's because I'm an E.

But not everyone is an E.

Our church's leadership team recently filled out a Myers-Briggs questionnaire.  We wanted to learn about our personality differences and how we could compliment each other in ministry.  Here's what I learned: 
1.  The youth pastor and I have the same temperaments (we're both ENTP's for those of you that are interested).  
2.  The majority of our ministry council members are Introverts. 
3.  Our staff team is dominated by Extroverts (Now you know what E stands for).  That's probably why the talking keeps flowing long after the coffee has gone cold!

I often wonder how many details get missed in our staff meetings when we neglect the thoughtful analysis of our introverted team members.  I don't find it easy but I want to excel at the words of James when he writes, "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." (James 1:19)



1 comment:

Luke said...

I would be interested in what one of those tests would say about me. I will have to take one sometime.

Related Posts with Thumbnails