Friday, September 19, 2008

I 'm lovin' it.


I love teaching!

These days I'm in the classroom 3 days a week. It's demanding. But I don't mind.

Here's a secret: lately I've been getting the itch to pursue further studies. You'd think I'd have my fill by doing what I'm doing. You'd think that my weekly research and course development would satisfy my thirst for learning. It doesn't.

I know, I know. You're thinking, more school? Why?

I guess it comes from my failure to find a good, transferable, disciple-making model for the Canadian church. I'm becoming more and more convinced that we are not making disciples of Jesus. We're producing consumers of a pseudo-gospel that looks a bit like Jesus' Gospel but it lacks the marks of what you'd expect from the God of the Bible.

So, that's the why. Now all I need to know is whether this is a fading idea or something that God has planted in my gut. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow morning to decide; after the Sour Cream and Onion chips have digested.

7 comments:

Tim Good said...

Going back to school, why would anyone want to do that.

*cough*

Luke said...

When you talk about making disciples I can feel the Spirit in me dance a little so I am pretty certain it's something God's given you. Seriously have a look at your blog, its pretty much the thing you talk about most. Or at least things related to making that sort of difference.

Anonymous said...

So how does going back to school solve your problem of producing consumers of a pseudo-gospel rather than disciples?

When all else fails pack it in? Is some form of professional schooling what's really needed to solve this?

C'mon the Sunday show must go on!

Unknown said...

If eating Sour Cream and Onion chips is truly what sets off this kind of radical thinking then you, my freind, must continue to eat more of them!!

Erika Mills said...

ahem - Scott - don't scare me buddy...who said anything about packing it in!??!?!

The Gentile Rabbi said...

I'm planning on having a few more Sour Cream and Onion chips for lunch today.

Anonymous said...

How about handing out some Sour Cream and Onion chips on Sunday morn? The only thing better than being entertained is entertained and fed.

Besides...food builds community right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails