Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dealing with mean people


It's the start of a new semester.  So this evening I prepared for my first Spiritual Formation class.

I'm going to play an audio clip from an interview between Dallas Willard and Bill Hybels.

Willard is a philosophy professor at the U of Southern California.  He has written books on discipleship and spiritual formation and is part of renovare - a church renewal movement. 

In one segment, Willard talks about dealing with mean people.  Here's my paraphrase: our tendency is to curse obnoxious people.  But Jesus calls us to bless them.  We are to live out of His kingdom paradigm.

I'm no good at blessing nasty people.  It's probably rooted in my insecurity and need to prove something.

1 comment:

Matthew Gates said...

where can you get david Willards books?

Related Posts with Thumbnails