Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Obsessed


Okay. I admit it. I'm obsessed with Dallas Willard.

I read this tonight in his book, The Spirit of the Disciplines.

"The secret of the easy yoke, then, is to learn from Christ how to live our total lives, how to invest all our time and our energies of mind and body as he did. We must learn how to follow his preparations, the disciplines for life in God's rule that enabled him to receive his Father's constant and effective support while doing his will. We have to discover how to enter into his disciplines from where we stand today--and no doubt, how to extend and amplify them to suit our needy cases." p. 9.

I don't spend enough time preparing for life like Jesus did. It's no wonder I don't respond like him.

3 comments:

Tim Good said...

From what I heard last week, I think you could do much worse for authors to be obsessed with.

Once I get done all this 'mandatory' reading I have around, I do want to check out his witting. Which of his would you recommend to start with then?

Matthew Gates said...

hmmm, just an inquiry, through application of disciplines and spiritual formation does the yoke become easier in a sense?

The Gentile Rabbi said...

Matthew,

Yes. That's the secret.

Related Posts with Thumbnails