Wednesday, January 7, 2009

To Walkerton and beyond


I met with our Walkerton Coffeehouse lead team tonight. The lead team is the core group of people who will be organizing our coffeehouse church gatherings. In the next 3 months we're hoping to establish a viable community of Jesus followers with this mandate:

"foster community among people who live or work in Walkerton; nurture conversations that lead people toward Jesus (whether they follow Him or not); and create space for non-traditional worship experiences."

Our next gathering will be on Sunday, January 25th - 7pm @ The White Rose Coffeehouse in Walkerton. Why not come and bring a friend?

Call me crazy but I think we can establish a network of coffeehouse churches throughout the Grey/Bruce region.

7 comments:

Luke said...

I wish I could have been there :(
As it was I had poop in one hand and barf in the other, so I was occupied :P

Next time.

Absolutely they're going to be all over the region, because its awesome. duh

Anonymous said...

Any fear that meeting in coffee houses might just be too culturally relevant? Are we conforming rather than transforming?

Ok I'm just having fun but I'd love to hear the Mills response.

The Gentile Rabbi said...

Scott,

I know you're living in Waterloo but aren't you originally from Teeswater?

Can I count on you to lead the team when we launch that coffeehouse? I think we'll make that one a "dairy house" and use the Gay Lea facilities.

Are you in?

Anonymous said...

Sounds too commercial to me (meeting at a place of business).

I'd rather see them taking it back to the farm. Maybe meeting in the barn filled with holsteins drinking some fresh warm milk.

The Gentile Rabbi said...

Ah. Unpasteruized milk. That could work in Durham.

oncoffee said...

you guys can meet in a barn if you want, but i suspect the coffeehouse might be slightly better suited to the mission.

Anonymous said...

The barn sounds a little more wholesome to me...

Besides coming from a guy with a blog named Oncoffee I suspect your opinion may be a little biased.

Here's to warm creamy milk!

Related Posts with Thumbnails