Friday, July 17, 2009

My birthday reflection


Am I getting old?

It's strange, I've always felt young. Maybe it's because most other pastors weren't born at the height of the disco era. Or maybe it's because Erika and I chose to have our first child in our early twenties.

Maybe it's because most professionals, like Physicians, have always been older than me. That is until Monday, when Shawna had her tonsils removed. In the process Erika and I met two wonderful M.D.'s: an otolaryngologist--we could have been in high school together;
and an anesthetist? She had to have been my age.

All of these observations are leading me to one, unavoidable conclusion. I'm becoming a middle-aged man.

Someone, convince me otherwise.

2 comments:

oncoffee said...

You can't be old... or I would be... but, I'm not old... just because I can remember the 1st voyage to the moon 40 years ago does not make me old

hang in there... you don't have to be old to mature, to have wisdom... stay young

The Gentile Rabbi said...

The 1st lunar landing, wasn't that when the world was still in black and white?

Ah, The good ol' days.

Hey, maybe we should say we're getting ol'er not older.

And we could convince people that ol' actually means young.

Related Posts with Thumbnails