Monday, August 24, 2009

A day with my favorite people


It feels strange watching my wife play our shooting gallery wii game while I edit this blog post.
It feels even weirder knowing that she got a bronze medal and I didn't.

In other news, it was our daughter's 8th birthday today. Erika spent it downstairs slaving away on business related work. I, on the other hand, spent the afternoon reading outside while our kids played under a maple tree nearby.

This evening the birthday girl dished up "man sized" slices of birthday cake & ice cream for the whole family. We finished the day by playing a rousing game of Cranium; our 4-year-old emerged victorious by performing amazing feats, such as, acting out 'C-3PO' by collapsing into a tripod and shuffling along the living room floor.

Now that the little ones are safely in bed, I think I should spend some quality time with my wiife. No, I didn't misspell that last word.

1 comment:

Stuart Blyde said...

Sorry to out you here, Jason, but we Star Wars fans know the little three-footed droid as "R2-D2."
C-3PO is the gold-coloured humanoid robot with the English accent and a propensity for pompousness.

Glad your daughter enjoyed her birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails