Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fun in the Mountains

Erika and I have been in Alberta since Tuesday.

Our main purpose for the trip was to attend the Church Planting Congress. One of the most powerful moments came during a time of communion at the end. As the band was wrapping up their song one of my pastor friends from Alberta reached over and pulled Erika and I in close and prayed over us.

It was a prophetic moment that we haven't fully understood yet. Nevertheless, we both left the conference believing that God is up to something.

Since then we've wandered through the shops in downtown Banff, sipped Starbucks lattes at the top of Sulphur Mountain, and navigated our tiny rental car up the snow-covered road to Lake Louise.

When you throw in the tax savings on retail purchases (Alberta only charges the federal tax) it's easy to see why God calls so many people to Alberta.

It's too bad I'm not one of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Let me say PRAISE the LORD he hasn't called you there and secondly KNOW that not only are you covered in prayer in Alberta BUT right here back home in fabulous HANOVER :0) I AGREE God is absolutely up to something. Great to hear you guys had an uplifting and fantastic time. He is up to something and I can't wait to see what it is!

Luke said...

Glad you guys are having an awesome time. Looking at Lake Louise is one of those memories etched in my brain my when Anne and I were out there.
I hope you just didn't realize justnow that God is up to something ;P

oncoffee said...

It is indeed beautiful country... but you do have to cut back on your coffee! even I don't carry 2 cups around with me :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails