Saturday, May 8, 2010

Domestic lesson #1: Water isn't sauce


Tonight is our Life Group potluck night.

It's extra special because we're getting together with 'the other group'. They formed when our house could not longer hold all the young families. 'The other group' has been a shining example of successful Life Group reproduction, mainly because of Cory and Marie--the fantastic husband and wife team who lead/host it.

So, in light of tonight's festive occasion, I thought it would be the perfect time to flex a few of my, largely atrophied, domestic muscles.

After lunch I worked on a main course dish. I started by throwing some potatoes, onions, and cubed ham into a crock pot. Then I watched and waited in eager expectation for those ingredients to break down and form a creamy, buttery, mouth watering sauce. They didn't. There was no sauce, only water.

So, today I learned that sauce doesn't just appear in the crock pot. Water does, but water isn't sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey
I would like to tell you if your main dish was the ham/potatoes thingy then WAY TO GO well done at your shot at something new!!! and now water isn't sauce BUT you do need it to MAKE sauce ;0) well done though well done! :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails